Friday, February 16, 2007

College Park was covered with snow!!!!


This is a white week. The weather is cold and the road is slippery. One night of white rain was enough to cover the city with that pretty color. The university was closed this Wednesday. On Thursday we had the oral presentations. I watch the video “A Life in the wild” of Jane Goodall. It is an interesting documentary where she talked about her life, her work and her discoveries about chimpanzees. Talking about my presentation, it was not good. I was very nervous and I couldn’t control my time. I just started to forget everything. It was my first time giving an oral presentation in English, but it was interesting.

2 comments:

Hiromi said...

Hello, Flavia!
I'm envious that you fortunately had a one-day off on Wednesday with your town filled with the snow! In Tokyo, it hasn't snowed yet this winter. So I miss snow very much!

Well, I think doing a presentation without being nervous requires practices. So please don't be disappointed! You've definitely learned something from the presentation.

Nina Liakos said...

I agree with Hiromi; speaking in public is scary, and many people react as you did. Since this was a team presentation, you could have asked Felix to watch the time and signal you when your time was running out. Even when you are presenting by yourself, you can enlist the help of a classmate to keep you on track. You're sure to do better next time! :-)

That's Me!!

That's Me!!